Last night, we had our first iteration of the Canvas Photographers’ Round Table at the Tacchi office!
Despite the absence of actual, round tables, it was an evening filled with great stories, personal experiences, and thoughts about photography.
It was a full-house event, and we would like to extend a huge thanks to all the attendees – we hope everyone had a great time getting to meet fellow creatives and engaging in the discussion!
It was awesome to see how people spoke so passionately about photography, and it made for a very inspirational discussion.
Some of the topics that were brought up during the open discussion were:
- Creating narratives in photography through storytelling, documenting, etc.
- Street photography – To ask, how to ask, or not to ask? Getting releases and the law; Halloween!
- Working with clients – how to ensure you give them what they want
- How Japanese clients differ from the west – trust, repeat work and more
- Reviewing your old work – “What was I thinking?”, “How would I post-process differently now?”
- Natalia Lewandowska shared the details of her current Daydream exhibition at Ultra Super New Gallery.
- How can Canvas become a better platform for photographers?
- Upcoming events
For those who could not attend due to the theme, fret not! We are working on arranging similar Canvas events and will be able to share more details soon!
With the beers emptied and the Tacchi crew set to cleaning mode, we can chalk this up as another successful Round Table event.
See you next time!
For more information about Canvas, please head over to www.canvas.co.com!
This evening’s attendees:
And the Canvas/Tacchi Studios team who were present: